Saskatoon Area Funeral & Cremation Services
COVID 19 Response
*Updated March 31, 2020
At Cherished Memories, we place a high priority on the health, safety and well being of our staff and the families and communities we serve.
While the Public Health Agency of Canada continues to describe the COVID-19 risk as low in Saskatchewan, we are taking this seriously. We are following the direction and guidance of the Saskatchewan Health Authority and are maintaining contact with the Funeral Service Association of Canada and the Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan to ensure we follow best practices.
- Our staff are highly trained and experienced in sanitation and hygiene.
- We disinfect our facility and vehicles using industry-approved, health-care grade products and have increased the frequency of disinfecting all surfaces and high-touch areas.
- We have installed new hand-sanitizing stations and posted reminders in our washrooms about the importance of proper hand washing.
- We understand that public health authorities are emphasizing the importance of minimizing close personal contact during the pandemic, however we also know how important it is to gather together and remember a loved one.
- The Government of Saskatchewan has declared a state of emergency and prohibited gatherings of more than 60 attendees. As such, most funerals will need to proceed with family and close friends in attendance only, however live-stream options are available to allow family and friends to participate remotely.
- In our own chapel, we have temporarily decreased the number of seats to 1/3 to allow for increased physical distances between attendees.
- We will continue to meet in-person with families to make funeral arrangements. However, if family members have symptoms related to COVID-19, have been asked to self-isolate, or are more comfortable using technology rather than meeting face to face, we are pleased to accommodate them using teleconference, video conference and email.
We will continue to evaluate the situation and follow any new directives or guidelines provided by federal and provincial authorities. Most importantly, we will continue serving families and helping you honour your loved ones with the highest level of compassion, dignity, integrity and professionalism.
Online or In Person
Cherished Memories Funeral Services & Crematory is the first funeral establishment to offer the ease and convenience of making funeral arrangements via the phone, internet and in person anywhere in the Saskatoon area. Our licensed funeral directors are available 24 hours a day to help and assist you through the whole arrangement process, and provide a service that is right for your family.
We provide variable funeral options without restricting you to overly expensive packages. Throughout the entire arrangement process, a licensed funeral director is always available to help with any questions or concerns that you or your family may have, and guide you through all your choices, making every option clear to you. There are many locations in the Saskatoon area to choose from for a funeral or memorial service, and we allow several options without confining you to only one location.
Cherished Memories Funeral Services & Crematory was introduced back in 2005 to Saskatoon and surrounding area with the concept of providing quality cremation and funeral service without the high cost that is normally associated with most funeral providers.
Cherished Memories is locally owned & operated by Kevin & Charmaine Martens. So we treat families the way we would like to be treated; fairly and without any pressure. We keep the high cost of services down by operating a modest but tasteful facility and by also owning our own crematorium. We are located in the City of Martensville – 8 minutes north of Saskatoon. In 2017, Cherished Memories added a beautiful, modern LifeStory Room and Reception Room to our facility. All personalized gatherings and services can be hosted from one location to honour a Loved One’s life story.
Receive quality funeral and cremation service that you can trust at affordable cost. Because our team is much smaller than most funeral providers, it allows us to reduce our costs and pass the savings to the consumer. We have our own crematorium, ensuring that your loved one never leaves our care. Choose from different types of funeral and cremation services that match what is right for you and your family. We have served families and their loved ones in these areas: Saskatoon, Martensville, and Warman, SK.