A cremation service in Prince Albert, SK with a memorial offers families, the opportunity to honor a loved one in their own way and in their own time. It can be a somber traditional memorial service or a lighthearted, party-like celebration of life.
Whichever mood to go for, here are a few unique ideas to inspire you:
- Hire a band or DJ and hold a dance party in honor of the deceased.
- Organize a day of sports events with family and friends, such as golf, tennis, baseball, or soccer.
- Plan a movie night at the theater or a park to watch your loved one’s favorite movies.
- Go on a cruise and have dinner while looking out at the sea in honor of your loved one who loved to travel and explore new places.
- Throw a picnic with family and friends on the beach or backyard to celebrate their life and remember your loved one who was always outdoorsy and adventurous.
- Have a scattering ceremony at a beach or a place that meant something to your loved one. It can be a formal ceremony led by a religious person or a relaxed event with music, poetry, and dancing. Or a combination of both.
- Create a themed memorial based on your loved one’s passions. The theme can cover everything from the dress code to the served food.
- Play music that was meaningful to your loved one while you and your guests share memories of and the impact of the deceased person on your lives.
- Plant a tree in your backyard or a park (if you have the necessary permits) in memory of your loved one. It will remind you of them whenever you visit or look outside.
- If they were an artist or enjoyed photography, have a showing of their works or display pictures of them across their lifetime.
- Learn a new skill in memory of your loved one. It can be anything from knitting, painting, playing an instrument, or learning how to cook a particular type of food, as long as it’s something they enjoyed doing.
- Create scrapbooks with pictures and stories about your loved one’s life for each person who couldn’t make it to the memorial service.
- Write a book about your experiences with the deceased person, or write down what they meant to you while listening to music that reminds you of them.
- A candle lighting ceremony is a traditional way to memorialize a person in certain cultures and religions. Even if it doesn’t apply to you, it’s still a beautiful way to say goodbye to a loved one.
- Donate to their favorite charity or volunteer for a cause they cared about. You can do this alone or gather friends and family to participate.
You can pick one or combine any of these ideas. Whatever you decide, you don’t have to organize it on your own.